- 250 gms Penne pasta
- 2 cups Acasa Béchamel sauce
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced into rounds
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil leaves (for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cook the Penne pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Dip the eggplant slices in the beaten eggs, then coat them with a mixture of breadcrumbs and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Place the breaded eggplant slices on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- In a baking dish, spread a layer of marinara sauce. Add a layer of cooked Penne pasta, followed by a layer of crispy eggplant slices.
- Repeat the layers until all the ingredients are used, finishing with a layer of marinara sauce on top.
- Pour Acasa Béchamel sauce over the top and sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Then, remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves before serving.
Chef Tip: For a touch of freshness, sprinkle some chopped fresh parsley or basil over the dish before serving. To give the dish a cheesy twist, sprinkle some shredded mozzarella on top of the stuffed shells before baking.