Pasta tubes stuffed with spinach and ricotta with tomato basil sauce
- 1 Packet Lasagne sheets
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup chopped spinach, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups Acasa classico / pumorola sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook the jumbo pasta shells according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, chopped spinach, grated Parmesan cheese, beaten egg, dried oregano, and dried basil. Mix well.
- Spread a thin layer of marinara sauce on the bottom of a baking dish.
- Stuff each cooked shell with a generous spoonful of the ricotta-spinach mixture and place them in the baking dish.
- Pour the remaining marinara sauce over the stuffed shells and sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese on top.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Then, remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve hot and enjoy the cheesy goodness!
Chef Tip: For a touch of freshness, sprinkle some chopped fresh parsley or basil over the stuffed shells before serving.