- 1 Packet lasagne sheets
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced into rounds
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups Pumorola sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil leaves (for garnish)
- Cook the rigatoni pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Dip the eggplant slices in the beaten eggs, then coat them with a mixture of bread crumbs and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Place the breaded eggplant slices on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- In a large baking dish, spread a layer of marinara sauce. Add a layer of cooked rigatoni pasta, followed by a layer of crispy eggplant slices.
- Repeat the layers until all the ingredients are used, finishing with a layer of marinara sauce on top.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese over the sauce.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Then, remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves before serving.
Chef Tip: To reduce the bitterness of the eggplant, sprinkle salt on the slices and let them sit for 30 minutes. Rinse the slices and pat them dry before proceeding with the recipe.